Every little boy deserves a room he loves. He needs a place of privacy, a place of discovery and a place that lets him be the one he wants to be.
Let's go through some design ideas that your little boy will surely love.
1. The Astronaut Room
When I was a kid, I wanted to be an astronaut. I dreamed that racing passed stars and fought aliens. Of course it didn't happen. But I dreamed and dreamed of it as a child. Honestly, if my wife were to release me, I would probably do my darnest to turn our bedroom into outer space today.
Glow in the dark stars – Almost every child trade has them.
Astronaut helmet – You can choose one of these during Halloween unless you find it in the toy section of your local department store.
Spacecraft model – this can easily be found in any toy section.
Bedding – Of course, they make space related.
1. Throw the stickers on the wall behind the bed and the entire ceiling. It should be enough to cover both as if you were watching the night sky.
2. The helmet should be placed on a wall shelf. Make sure it is big enough!
3. The model is something that can be used as a desktop decoration or as another object to place on the shelf. If you are good looking, you can even make the model a lamp.
4. You know what to do with the bedding. Place them on the bed!
2. Music room
Boys love music! Actually, I think the majority of people do it. Heck, even my pet parrot seems to love some good music. But to young boys, music is an outlet. It is a way of expressing oneself. Give them a room that they can connect to build trust and help the child realize you know what it's like to be their age.
Old Music Albums – CDs or records work best. Get them in a garage sale if you have to.
Musical instruments – new, old or even playing is OK. Why hide them when you can show them?
Construction paper, scissors, double-sided tape, pen – All department stores or art business stores will have these.
1. Place the CD case on the wall with double-sided tape. A big pace for this is above the bed on the wall. Leave the lid inside and create a geometric shape with five or more cases. If you chose for items, hang the cover alone or the disc yourself on the wall for a nice retro look. You can even want to show the cover and record side by side.
2. Place the musical instrument in a corner using a tripod.
3. Draw and cut out notes, gaps etc. and use double-sided tape to place them on the wall. You should make them big enough to see from a distance. If you are willing, you can actually paint the notes on the wall instead. Be creative! You can use several different colors or you can even stick with just black.
Everyone loves animals. They are cute, lovable, and they are an important part of our everyday lives.
Color and pencil – Acrylic paint works well and is easy to cover if your child wants to change it later.
Stuffed Animals – Have different sizes work best.
Animal Figures – Animal toys work just as well.
1. Design an animal and draw it on the wall with a pencil. Paint it.
Tip: Make an animal he likes, like a tiger or a monkey.
2. Place the stuffed animals on chairs or desks.
3. Place the figures around the room on shelves.
4. Add more accents through bedding or curtains.
Every little boy deserves to dream, so why not let him dream in a place he loves? If one of these does not fit his imagination, then choose something else based on what he loves most.